16 January 2012
17 April 2012
For more information about the module or registration please contact:
+45 44 36 68 00
BIMCO Members EUR 1,150 excluding VAT
Non-Members EUR 1,495 excluding VAT
The fee includes access to this eLearning module and three scheduled webinars. It also includes the final exam, as well as online assistance from the tutor. The fee does not include any of the materials listed under “Recommended Reading” in the syllabus.
Who Should Attend:
This module is designed to provide students with a comprehensive and broad understanding of the maritime industry. It serves as a foundation for further modules.
The following seven topics will be covered extensively:
1. Maritime geography and international trade: developing your knowledge and understanding of ship, cargoes carried by ships, the commercial use of ships.
2. An overview of the ship in maritime transport services. It also covers most merchant ship types including constructional features and engaged in international trade.
3. An overview of different cargoes. Differentiate characteristics of cargoes and relate types of cargoes wit types of ships.
4. Understand the factors involved in investment and managements of the Business of Ship Owning, registering, insuring and using the ship.
5. Identify the main participants and organizations involved in the infrastructure of the maritime industry and their services performed by each in the life of a ship.
6. A historical overview of the maritime industry’s move towards greater legislative control. Conventions, Legislation and Regulations: what these are, how they come into being and what effect they have on ships engaged in international trade and how they are enforced.
7. Using the Ship: Understand the main charters used in chartering a ship, cover basic Voyage Estimating, Explain the functions of Bills of Lading, Hague Rules, Hague-Visby Rules, Hamburg Rules and Rotterdam Rules