Nigeria’s NNPC issues tender for 2018 crude oil contracts
Nigerian state oil company NNPC on Friday published the tender for its 2018 crude oil contracts.
* The tender is open to refinery or retail outlet owners, the governments of high energy consuming nations, established and globally recognised crude oil traders and indigenous Nigerian downstream oil and gas companies, according to a copy of the tender seen by Reuters.
* Bids must be submitted by noon on Jan. 9, 2018.
* The annual contracts will replace those awarded last January to 39 companies. In 2016 contracts were won by 21 companies.
* The 2017 contracts were awarded to Spain’s Cepsa, Vitol refining arm Varo Energy and Indian refiners Hindustan Refinery and Bharat Petroleum, as well as the trading arms of BP and Total and trading houses Trafigura, Glencore and Litasco
* Government entities including India’s IOC, China’s Sinopec and South Africa’s SacOil also won 2017 contracts, along with 16 Nigerian companies.
Source: Reuters (Reporting By Libby George; Editing by David Goodman)