ARA gasoline stocks drop by 3% – Insights Global
Gasoline stocks held in independent storage in the Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp (ARA) refining and storage hub fell 3% to 1.1 million tonnes in the week to Thursday, data from Dutch consultancy Insights Global showed.
* Naphtha stocks increased by 56% compared with the last week due to incoming cargoes after several weeks of subdued imports, Insights Global’s Lars van Wageningen said.
* There were reports of problems with gasoline blending in the region, so naphtha did not get quickly sent to the gasoline blending pool, Wageningen added.
* Gasoline inventories dropped by 3% amid increasing exports to West Africa and the United States.
* Gasoil stocks fell by almost 5% as exports up the Rhine improved this week.
* Imports of Russian fuel oil decreased, causing stocks to drop, Wageningen said.
* Europe did not see any imports of jet fuel.
Weekly ARA stocks (in ‘000 tonnes)
20/02/2020 13/02/2020 21/02/2019
Gasoline 1,196 1,237 1,146 STK-GL-ARA
Naphtha 270 173 267 STK-NAF-ARA
Gasoil 2,254 2,366 2,425 STK-GO-ARA
Fuel oil 1,043 1,113 983 STK-FO-ARA
Jet fuel 434 465 635 STK-JET-ARA
Incoming cargoes Outgoing cargoes
Gasoline France, Russia, Sweden, Mexico, USA, West
Naphtha Algeria, Norway, none
Gasoil Latvia, Russia, Saudi France
Fuel oil Denmark, Poland, Med, West Africa
Jet fuel none UK
*COPYRIGHT NOTICE* – Any unauthorised use, duplication or disclosure of ARA stocks data is prohibited without the prior approval of PJK International B.V.
Source: Reuters (Reporting by Bozorgmehr Sharafedin Editing by David Holmes)