LNG Benchmarking: Paying the Price for a Lack of Transparency and Innovation
Date(s) - 21/04/2021
LNG contracts have been evolving for some time, but accelerating change in the LNG market is causing project developers and offtakers to reevaluate their contractual requirements. Last winter’s price spikes – following the previous summer’s massive wave of cancelations – highlight the rising volatility of the market and demonstrate the need for innovation. Join Poten and Partners for a deep dive into the changing face of LNG contracts.
Topics to be addressed include:
• Recent contract trends, including terms and pricing
• Why aren’t TTF, Henry Hub and other natural gas benchmarks suitable for pricing LNG?
• Will Brent remain a viable pricing benchmark and what do proposed changes to the world’s most important crude oil benchmark mean for the LNG market?
• What is standing in the way of greater LNG indexation?
• What are the options for LNG contract pricing and the pros and cons of each