Oil Record Book – How to make correct entries
Date(s) - 28/09/2023
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
DNV’s Maritime Academy is offering on 28 September 2023, a 1-day course that provides participants with the knowledge, understanding and regulatory framework on making correct entries in the Oil Record Book (Part I Machinery Space Operations Part II Cargo Ballast Operations).
Based on the IMO Guidance for Recording of Operations in the Oil Record Book (MEPC 1 /Circ 736 and the industry guidelines (the aim of the course is to further increase the knowledge and understanding on the proper recordkeeping of all machinery space cargo/ ballast related operations.
The course is delivered in cooperation with Prevention at Sea Group.
Emphasis will be given on:
- MARPOL Annex I / IMO / INTERTANKO ‘A Guide for correct entries in the ORB’
- How to make entries in the Oil Record Book, Part I & II
- Clarification on ‘grey areas’ for which ORB Code to use (based on Flag Admin requirements)
- Common mistakes when making entries in the ORB
- Complications with 3rd Parties – Suspicious entries
- Possible penalties for incorrect entries
- Real cases examples
- Exercises for making correct entries & identify common mistakes.
Legislation & References:
MARPOL Annex I, IMO MEPC.736, INTERTANKO ‘A Guide for correct entries in the ORB Part I / II’, MEPC.1/Circ.642, as amended by ME PC.1/Circ.676 for IBTS.
Who should attend:
Deck Management, Deck Operational, Engine Management, Engine Operational, Shore based Personnel.
Registration Deadline: 18 September 2023