RISK-BASED TECHNICAL SHIP MANAGEMENT AND REMOTE SURVEYS
Date(s) - 03/11/2021 - 04/11/2021
10:00 am - 5:30 pm
The pandemic and other factors have disrupted the traditional practices of ship management. In the area of technical ship management, we explore how the pandemic has affected vessel attendances, supply of spares, technical services, crew morale and other factors. We also explore a variety of tools and techniques which may be used to mitigate the effects of the disruptions.
The aim of the course is to effectively address the challenges currently affecting the technical management of vessels. Additionally, participants will understand the scope and practices for remote surveys followed by DNV.
Through interaction and activities, participants will be encouraged to develop the strategy which best suits their needs and operational profile.
- Overview of the ship-managers’ technical functions which may be affected by the pandemic.
- Identification of risks, disruptions, and opportunities to address these challenges
- Alternative “superintendent inspections”
- Remote statutory and class surveys
- Practical activities & sample cases
Important information for successful course completion:
- This course will be conducted online, therefore an internet connection is required.
- Participants are required to communicate and interact verbally, visually and in written form throughout the training course since the interaction between the trainer and participants is important for successful course completion.
- A connected camera, microphone, or audio headset during the course always enhances the quality of training.
Enrolment Deadline: October 25th