Risk-based Technical Ship Management and Remote Surveys
Date(s) - 02/02/2022 - 03/02/2022
10:00 am - 5:30 pm
The pandemic and other factors have disrupted the traditional practices of ship management. In the area of technical management, we explore how the pandemic has affected vessel attendance, supply of spares, technical services, crew morale and other factors. We also explore a variety of tools and techniques which may be used to mitigate the effects of the disruptions.
Additionally, participants will understand the scope and practices for remote surveys followed by DNV.
Through interaction and activities, participants will be encouraged to develop the strategy which best suits their needs and operational profile.
- Overview of the ship managers’ technical functions which may be impacted by the pandemic
- Identification of risks, disruptions and opportunities to address these challenges
- Alternative “superintendent inspections”
- Remote statutory and class surveys
- Practical activities and sample cases
To effectively address the many challenges currently affecting the technical management of vessels.
Who should attend:
Technical Managers, Fleet Managers, Superintendents, Ship Officers, Technical Staff. Any ship or shore-based technical staff.