Train the Trainer course
Date(s) - 15/06/2022 - 18/06/2022
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
It emphasizes the application of up-to-date teaching aids and methods in a variety of contexts. It is intended as a useful introduction for maritime professionals who have never conducted training in the past or who have only limited experience as instructors. It emphasizes the application of up-to-date teaching aids and methods in a variety of contexts.
The STCW Convention requires that any person conducting training of seafarers which will lead to a certificate being issued is appropriately qualified. This course is designed to support the implementation of regulation I/ 6 of the STCW Convention concerning the qualifications of instructors. The course incorporates important elements of the IMO Model Course 6.09. (Training Course for Instructors).
In order to preserve a high-quality learning environment the number of participants is limited to 10.
• Training requirements of STCW, SOLAS, MARPOL, ISM and ISPS Code
• The role of the instructor and trainee
• The learning process and training phases
• Teaching aids and methods
• Designing and planning a training programme
• Conduction of a practical teaching session
Registration Deadline: 8 June 2022 (limited availability)