HOT PORT NEWS from GAC
Marine soil investigation off Tanjong Punggol
Monday, November 23, 2020, Singapore
From 21 November 2020 to 28 February 2021, marine soil investigation works are being carried out off Punggol Point Jetty, at the following co-ordinates (WGS 84 Datum):
1) 1° 25.332’N / 103° 54.594’E
2) 1° 25.320’N / 103° 54.614’E
According to the Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore Port Marine Notice No.089 of 2020 dated 21 November 2020, the works are being conducted 24 hours daily, including Sundays and Public Holidays.
A work barge will be used to carry out the soil investigation work. Movement of the work barge will be assisted by tugs and during daylight hours only. The work barge will be held in place by steel legs secured into the seabed.
A safety boat will be deployed in the vicinity to warn other craft about the works.
Craft involved in the works exhibit the appropriate local and international day and night signals.
When in the vicinity of the working area, mariners are reminded to:
a) Keep well clear and not to enter the working area;
b) Maintain a proper lookout;
c) Proceed at a safe speed and navigate with caution;
d) Maintain a listening watch on VHF Channel 21 (Sembawang Control);
e) Communicate with Sembawang Control for assistance, if required.
For information about operations in Singapore, contact GAC Singapore at [email protected]
Public holidays declared
Monday, November 23, 2020, Oman
Wednesday 25 and Thursday 26 November have been declared public holidays to celebrate Oman’s National Day. Normal work will resume on Sunday (29 November) after the holidays and local weekend.
For information about operations in Oman, contact GAC Oman at [email protected]
Monday, November 23, 2020, Ceyhan, Turkey
A 2% annual tariff increase on all Botas Ceyhan terminal charges has been announced in the Official Gazette. It remains to be clarified if the increase will be effective from 3 December or 18 December.
Details of the increases on compulsory charges are as follows:
– Existing: Euro 240 plus Euro 108 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
– Upcoming: Euro 245 plus Euro 111 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
– Existing: Euro 240 plus Euro 90 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
– Upcoming: Euro 245 plus Euro 92 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
MOORING & UNMOORING
– Existing: Euro 600 plus Euro 12 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
– Upcoming: Euro 612 plus Euro 12,50 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
LOADING MASTER’S FEES
– Existing: Euro 0,036 per metricton of loaded quantity
– Upcoming: Euro 0,03672 per metricton of loaded quantity
QUAY/ BERTH DUES
– Existing: Euro 120 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
– Upcoming: Euro 124 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
– Existing: Euro 240 plus Euro 18 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
– Upcoming: Euro 245 plus Euro 18,50 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
TRANSPORT IN TERMINAL
– Existing: Euro 6 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
– Upcoming: Euro 6,50 for each 1000 GRT and fraction
For information about operations in Turkey, contact GAC Turkey at [email protected]
Demolition of Mena Plaza Towers
Monday, November 23, 2020, Freeport (Zayed Port), United Arab Emirates
Mena Plaza Towers are to be demolished by controlled explosion on 27 November 2020. Vessels within safety exclusion zone in Freeport to be relocated and all ships in Freeport, New Freeport and Zayed Port to take appropriate precautions as advised hereunder.
On 27 November at 0800 hrs, the subject towers will be demolished by controlled explosion. Vessels inside the safety exclusion zone will be relocated outside of that zone to berths in New Freeport and Zayed Port in advance of the demolition.
Apart from the noise of the explosion and demolition there is likely to be a large dust cloud. All vessels should therefore take appropriate precautions as follows:
- Close all doors, windows, portholes, ventilators in advance of the demolition.
- Air conditioning units to be shut down from 0700hrs to 1200hrs on 27th November
- No crew to be on deck for the above period and if they have some urgent reason then they should wear appropriate PPE.
- No cargo operations, storing operations or maintenance operations will be taking place during the period 0100/27th – 1200 hrs. /27th.
- All vessels should monitor Zayed Port / Free Port on Channel 67 / 11 who will be coordinating all ship movements and providing updates on the resumption of normal operations.
It is anticipated that all port operations will return to normal by noon on 27 November.
(For information about operations in Abu Dhabi, contact GAC Abu Dhabi at [email protected])
Source: Abu Dhabi Ports Notice to Mariners No.08/2020 dated 22 November 2020
Establishment of Vessel Traffic Services
Monday, November 23, 2020, Port Kembla, Australia
Port Authority of New South Wales Port Kembla will be operating as a Vessel Traffic Services Authority from 09:00Hrs LT, 23 November 2020.
The Instrument of Authority to Operate as Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) has been granted by Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) in accordance with the provisions of Marine Order 64 (MO64), as adopted under IMO resolution A.857 (20) under the powers provided to AMSA by the Navigation Act 2012 (Commonwealth of Australia).
Port Authority of New South Wales Port Kembla is authorised to render the following services, as defined in these Guidelines:
- Information Service (INS)
- Traffic Organisation Service (TOS)
- Navigation Assistance Service (NAS)
The VTS call sign has also been changed from ‘Port Kembla Harbour’ to ‘Port Kembla VTS’.
Port Kembla VTS will provide the above VTS services in the geographical area (VTS coverage area), approved by AMSA.
Vessel Masters must comply with instructions given by VTS, when the vessel is located within the VTS coverage area.
(For information about operations in Australia, contact GAC Australia at [email protected])
Source: Port Kembla – Notice to Mariners No. 2 of 2020 dated 23 November 2020
Embarkation/disembarkation facilitation charges for crew changes
Monday, November 23, 2020, Kattupalli, India
The Government has designated the Adani Kattupalli Port as an authorised immigration check post for entry into and exit from India with valid travel documents for all classes of vessel’s crew/passengers.
The new Immigration Check Post (ICP) is fully equipped and commissioned for operation and facilitates to complete Coastal/Foreign vessel crew sign on / sign off formalities…
…For the smooth transition of crew change, a facilitation charges of $50 shall be applicable per person for any crew change at Adani Kattupalli port wef 1st Dec 2020 and referred to following points which shall be applicable to all vessel operating agents and shipping lines with mutual coordination for smooth operation.
- Shipping Agencies to liaise directly with mentioned facilities with prior notice.
- The planning for COVID-19 Test, Quarantine compliance, logistics and mobilization for all associated services to be arranged by Shipping agents.
- RPS/Agency Bodies to follow the above orders for crew changes of Indian/Foreign National Seafarers which will be facilitated at Kattupalli port in line with above mentioned Orders.
- All expenses incurred in COVID-19 Test & associated travel, Quarantine Facility etc. to be settled by the Shipping Agency.
- Crew Change facilitation will include clearance at Port Security and ensuring Port gate charges.
- Port shall coordinate and process documentations, as required to be done by the port operation centre or by nominated Port Nodal Officer (PNO) for crew change.
- Vessel calling Kattupalli port for only intention to carry out crew change at berth will be allowed a free period of 6 hours stay at berth and upon expiry of such period, berth hire charges shall be levied for the entire period of stay at berth as per Kattupalli port BPTS.
- Above charges does not include Immigration and customs charges if any.
- The above referred crew change charges is not applicable if disembarkation of crew on Medical Grounds.
- Above charges shall be reflected and updated in BPTS and shall be sent to trade in April 2021.
(For information about operations in India, contact GAC India at [email protected])
Source: Extract from Kattupalli Port Circular no: MIDPL/11/2020 dated 21 November 2020