HOT PORT NEWS from GAC
Amended Environment Protection safety charges
Wednesday, April 7, 2021, Hazira, India
The following amended Environment Protection safety charges will be applicable to all container and non-container vessels arriving at Adani Hazira port on or after 0001 hours on 10 April:
USD 100: Up to 10,000 GT
USD 150: 10,001 to 30,000 GT
USD 200: 30,001 and more GT
For other than container and other than LNG vessels. Charges applicable per vessel call.
USD 0.097338 Per TEU
For all container vessels. Charges will be applicable on total TEUs handled on vessel as per TDR report and will be charged by container terminal directly to Container Operating Agent (COA).
For information about operations in India, contact GAC India at [email protected]
Temporary suspension of activities at jetty
Wednesday, April 7, 2021, Merak, Indonesia
PT Vopak Terminal Merak have advised that, as part of the maintenance process, they plan to suspend temporarily activities at Jetty 1 from 14 to 16 April.
During this period, vessel that can berth at Jetty 2 shall be. The support of other vessels which can only berth at Jetty 1 is requested to rotate to other terminals.
If maintenance is completed earlier than expected, and update will be given.
For information about operations in Indonesia, contact PT Andhika GAC at [email protected]
New entry restrictions
Wednesday, April 7, 2021, Oman
Oman’s Supreme Committee tasked with tackling developments resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic has decided to restrict the entry to the Sultanate to citizens and residency visa holders only, from 12pm tomorrow (8 April) until further notice.
It also decided to extend the closure of all commercial activities while allowing the movement of people and vehicles in all governorates of the Sultanate between 8pm and 5am from tomorrow (8 April) until the morning of the first day of Ramadan.
There will also be a nighttime ban on all commercial activities and movement of people and vehicles between 9pm and 4am throughout the holy month of Ramadan.
For further details and updates, as well as information about operations in Oman, contact GAC Oman at [email protected]
Suspension of berthing for refurbishment
Wednesday, April 7, 2021, Haldia, India
Due to planned refurbishment work at HOJ-11 (Berth No.17(o)) at Haldia Dock Complex, berthing of vessels will be suspended from 12 to 13 April.
For further details and updates, as well as information about operations in India, contact GAC India at [email protected]
Restrictions for crew at Isolation Centres
Wednesday, April 7, 2021, Sri Lanka
The following restrictions have been imposed by the Sri Lanka health authorities for crew changing seafarers staying at Isolation Centres in the country, to prevent the spread of COVID-19 virus to land.
Hotels identified as Isolation Centres operate strictly for isolation in accordance with SOPs and guidelines issued by Health authorities, as follows:
- Seafarers on crew change will be strictly confined to the respective room during their stay.
- Only the 3 main meals will be provided in packeted form delivered to the doorstep of the room.
- Food and beverages from outside will not be permitted.
- Bars/restaurants of hotels do not function.
- Adequate water bottles, tea/coffee, toiletries and towels/bed linen are provided in each room for each seafarer.
- Cleaning of room and toilet will not be carried out by hotel staff whilst the seafarer is in occupation of the room.
- Disinfecting and cleaning of room and toilet, replenishing water/tea/coffee, change of towel/linen will be undertaken by the hotel staff on the departure of the guest before the arrival of the next seafarer.
- No visitors are allowed to the premises.
For further details and updates, as well as information about operations in Sri Lanka, contact GAC Sri Lanka at [email protected]