Infinity Maritime unveils advisory board of world-leading maritime leaders and thinkers
Infinity Maritime, the first platform to provide alternative maritime finance through digitisation enabling fractional ownership of commercial ships including tankers, bulkers and boxships, has announced the establishment of its initial advisory board to support its founders shape the future of maritime finance.
Bringing expertise from ship owning, Class, ESG, academia and the maritime services sector, the four inaugural members of the advisory board include:
• Andrew McKeran: Lloyd’s Register Business Director, Maritime Performance Services
• Steve Kunzer: DS Norden and Braemar Shipping Services non-executive board member
• Professor Nikos Nomikos: Professor of Shipping Finance and Risk Management, Bayes Business School (formerly Cass)
• Malcolm Entwistle: Hill Dickinson LLP (former Partner specialising in commercial shipping projects and head of HD London office)
Infinity Maritime is creating asset-backed MetaUnits for the ships it purchases and operates that will be tradeable, resulting in a secondary market of fractional ownership for investors. The platform focuses on creating a sustainable fleet via the purchase and upgrade of modern vessels, in line with the Poseidon Principles for sustainability.
This Initial Advisory Board will expand with further members, and in time, evolve into the Portfolio Asset Board responsible for the oversight of:
• Commercial Management to purchase, employ and dispose of assets;
• Technical Management to operate the fleet;
• Selection of ship management companies;
• Ensuring regulatory, financial and ESG compliance standards are adhered to; and
• Calculation and payment of MetaUnit distributions to investors.
Infinity Maritime chairman Andrew Graham said: “Infinity’s ambition is to reinvigorate the maritime ecosystem – not disrupt it. The industry knowledge, deep expertise and extensive networks of the members of our Initial Advisory Board will provide Infinity with the experience and vision to reshape the future of maritime finance.”
“As we move closer to the launch of our first fleet to investors, our advisory board’s expertise is key to our proposition securing traction within the maritime sector.”
Source: Infinity Maritime