Japan’s Inpex lining up LNG buyers for Masela project in Indonesia – exec
Japan’s Inpex Corp is lining up gas buyers for its $20-billion Masela LNG plant in Indonesia, as it prepares its Front End Engineering Design (FEED), an executive of its unit told reporters.
* “Currently, when we’re making a list of buyers, of course we also ask them how much they need, their purchasing power etc.” Nico Muhyiddin, vice-president of corporate services of Inpex Masela Ltd said
* The company expects to secure domestic and overseas buyers before 2022, when it makes a final investment decision, he said
* He also said that the buyers were not limited to just Japanese firms
* The gas price will be linked to crude price, he added
* Production from the field — estimated at 9.5 million tonnes of LNG per year and 150 mmscfd of natural gas — is expected to start by 2027-2028
Source: Reuters (Reporting by Wilda Asmarini Writing by Gayatri Suroyo; editing by Uttaresh.V)