Oman Offers 6 Oil Blocks In 2019 Licensing Round
Oman’s Ministry of Oil and Gas on Sunday announced the launch of six petroleum concession blocks for bidding in the 2019 licensing round.
The ministry announced the launch of new blocks for investment in oil and gas sector in a tweet.
As per the announcement, blocks 58, 70, 73, 74, 75 and 76 will be tendered during 2019 licensing round. The 2019 licensing bid round, which started on Sunday, will end on May 30.
‘Oman has put into place a successful programme to enhance oil output in order to meet increasing domestic demand, which continues to attract foreign investment and partnerships. Accordingly, the Ministry of Oil and Gas will launch the tenders for six blocks in the upcoming licensing bid round 2019’, the ministry said in its announcement.
It said these blocks were previously part of the prolific Block 6 currently operated by PDO, which was obliged to relinquish these blocks due to statutory license rules. ‘All blocks are aligned along known play trends and structures are mapped in each. Together these blocks offer potential across the complete producing section within Oman’, the ministry said.
In December last year, Dr Saleh bin Ali al Anboori, director general of planning and studies at the Ministry of Oil and Gas, had said that the sultanate will present six concession blocks to the private players in the first quarter of 2019.
Anboori had said that all these six blocks, which are located in the vicinity of existing production areas, will be covered under the standard exploration and production sharing agreements.
Source: Muscat Daily