Prohibition Of Crew Change In Singapore For Crew With Recent Travel History To The United Kingdom And South Africa
1. The Ministry of Health has announced that from 3 January 2021, 2359 hours, all long-term pass holders and short-term visitors with recent travel history to South Africa within the last 14 days will not be allowed entry into Singapore, or transit through Singapore. This is in addition to similar border restrictions imposed on travellers from the United Kingdom (UK) from 23 December 2020, 2359 hours.
2. In line with the above, please be informed that the following crew change will not be allowed in the Port of Singapore:
a) Crew with recent travel history to the UK or South Africa within the last 14 days preceding arrival to Singapore. This includes sign-on crew travelling to Singapore by flight as well as sign-off crew from vessels that have called at these countries.
b) Sign-on crew transiting the UK and South Africa on their connecting flights to Singapore.
3. The above measures for crew with travel history to the UK or South Africa are effective from 23 December 2020, 2359 hours and 3 January 2021, 2359 hours respectively.
4. Any queries relating to this circular should be directed to [email protected].
5. This circular supersedes Port Marine Circular No. 46 of 2020. It is to be read in conjunction with Port Marine Circular No. 42 of 2020.
Source: Maritime And Port Authority Of Singapore