USPA: The Tender Board has started accepting applications for concession tender in the seaport of Kherson
The Tender Board which was established by the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine has started accepting applications to take part in the concession tender for the transfer of the assets of the state stevedoring company and of the assets of the “Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority” State Enterprise (hereinafter – USPA) in the sea port of Kherson in concession.
On October 8, 2019, the announcement on the start of accepting applications to take part in the concession tenders for the transfer of the assets of the state stevedoring company in the sea port of Kherson in concession was published in the “Golos Ukrainy” newspaper (the official publication of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine). The applications will be accepted until December 6, 2019. The processing of the applications to be admitted to take part in the tender will take 14 days.
“The list of documents required for potential investors to take part in the tender is available in the Data Room. The companies, whose applications will be preliminarily approved and admitted to take part in the tender, will be provided access to the package of confidential information related to the activities of the state stevedoring company. USPA, as one of the parties to the future concession agreement, invites foreign and Ukrainian investors to take part in the concession tender,”- Mr. Raivis Veckagans, Head of USPA, said.
He also added that USPA is looking forward to the active participation of investors in the tender, since the project feasibility study and the tender terms and conditions have been prepared by a team of international consultants, with the involvement of experts from EBRD, IFC, Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine and USPA, in line with international standards. Accordingly, the tender documentation from the very beginning should be as accessible and clear to all participants as much as possible.
The further progress of the concession tender looks as follows:
- The applications to take part in the tender will be accepted from October 8, 2019 until December 6, 2019;
- The processing of the applications to be admitted to take part in the tender will take 14 days, therefore early applying is highly recommended;
- The amendments to the tender bids will be allowed from December 6, 2019 until January 10, 2020;
- The assessment of the tender bids will be carried out from January 10, 2019 until January 20, 2020;
- The decision on the tender winning company can be made by the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine as early as the second half of January 2020 (depending on the number and quality of the bids submitted);
- The tender results are supposed to be published approximately in the beginning of February 2020.
Following that, the Ministry of Infrastructure will proceed to negotiations and signing the agreement with the tender winning company. The agreement is expected to be signed in early May 2020.