Oil & gas industry M&A deals totalled $9.89bn in US during July 2019, says GlobalData
Total oil & gas industry M&A deals in July 2019 worth $9.89bn were announced in the US, according to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
The value marked an increase of 54.4% over the previous month and a drop of 58.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $23.98bn.
The US held a 51.1% share of the global oil & gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $19.36bn in July 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 44 deals during July 2019, marking a decrease of 6.4% over the previous month and a drop of 34.3% over the 12-month average.
The US oil & gas industry M&A deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five oil & gas industry M&A deals accounted for 84.2% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five oil & gas M&A deals stood at $8.33bn, against the overall value of $9.89bn recorded for the month.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Callon Petroleum’s $4.92bn acquisition of Carrizo Oil & Gas
- The $1.28bn acquisition of Columbia Midstream Group by UGI
- Synthomer’s $824m acquisition of Omnova Solutions
- The $700m acquisition of Diamondback Energy by Viper Energy Partners
- Osaka Gas’ acquisition of Sabine Oil & Gas for $610m.